I’m a sucker for mystery, suspense and/or thriller books. They are my weakness and I would like to share with you my top five haunting books and the reason why they deserve to be in their position.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Amy’s plan was flawless and messed up. I consider her my women crush every time they ask me of my favorite haunting book.
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- Messed up child within the story that makes you view differently your siblings and yourself. It made me think of the skeletons in my closet.
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
- People do some weird things for their beliefs and would do even worse to keep things secret.
- The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie
- Creepy things happening in the house that make you believe you can also feel it in your own home.
- In Search of the Rose Notes by Emily Arsenault
- Girl disappears and years later her case is brought back up, but this time they discovered what really happened.
The explanations might be a bit short but they literally sum up the reasons why they are my top five. There is no going around it, their haunting charm revolves around simple details that stay with you no matter what, and those details have been with me for quite a while.
Which are your top five haunting books?